Monday, February 14, 2011

Feliz dia de amor y amistad! aka Happy Valentine's Day

As a Chicana I celebrate holidays and traditions bi-culturally. In Mexico and a few other Latin American countries Saint Valentine's Day is know as Dia de amor y amistad (Day of love and friendship). Its a time to let your Beloveds know you care. Its not uncommon for it to be a day of acts of appreciation for friends. 
 

We have had lots of snow this year and I had a great time playing in it. I made my first snow angelita, enjoyed watching the deer cross the bluff, and discovered icicles in the creek.







I like making art with whatever materials are on hand and so I sculpted the snow and had fun walking in it making patterns with my snow boots. There was so much snow for this part of the country so everything took on a different look and blank spaces always call to me.


I couldn't resist the urge to create on the blank canvas of snow everywhere so I created a giant valentine for my Beloved!




Take some time to honor and celebrate your friends and loved ones not just today but everyday.






No comments:

Post a Comment