Tuesday, March 08, 2011

International Womens Day

Detail of award winning, Elemental Women, art dolls by Sabrina Zarco

 I created these award winning art dolls in 2002. Three women, past present and future. They are holding between them symbols for water, fire, earth and wind. They were born out of grief at a most difficult time in my life. They created themselves during my break down to remind me of the basics of life. Art is good medicine and is often overlooked as a powerful tool for healing. They now remind me of the strength and power we carry within as women. Power to sacrifice for our children, move forward through the unknown, and let go for the Greater Good.

Until it becomes the "norm" that women are recognized in history books, honored for their contributions and celebrated for their art we will have a day to remind us. So take the time to remember significant women in your life, in history, healers, authors, change agents, artists and more. I honor you my Sisters and send you thanks for staying true to your journey and making your mark on my life and the lives of others.


Award winning Elemental Women, art dolls by Sabrina Zarco





1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:31 PM

    I remember when you made these....I am glad that you made it through

    ReplyDelete